2018 Sustainable Oregon Call for Presentations
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: FRIDAY, OCTOBER 13, 2017
Sustainable Oregon 2018, AOR’s 40th annual conference, will be held June 13th – 15th, 2018 at the Hilton in Eugene, Oregon.
This year is AOR’s 40th conference and we are looking for dynamic presentations or workshops on issues impacting our industry. We are especially interested in presentations from outside Oregon to bring new, fresh perspectives to our attendees.
Presentations are encouraged from government (state/local/regional), nonprofits, materials processors, consultants and educators who are engaged in all aspects of Sustainable Materials Management, including, but not limited to:
1) Improving Material Quality/Reducing Commodity Contamination (recycling and composting)
2) Expanding Domestic Recycling Markets in the Wake of China’s National Sword
3) Innovations in Collection and Processing
4) Case Studies/Success Stories for Promoting Behavior Change
5) Increasing Diversion and/or Market Development for New/Difficult-to-Manage Materials in our Materials Streams
6) Metrics – How Do We Measure Success Beyond the Tons Collected?
7) Leveraging Partnerships to Improve Programs/Markets/Your Success Story Here!
8) Reuse/Repair – Promoting/Program Integration and or Development
9) Recycling Economics of Today’s Markets
10) Sustainable/Thoughtful Consumption
This is by no means an exhaustive list, and we welcome all presentation ideas! Proposals are due October 13, and will be decided on by our Conference Planning Committee and selected proposals will be notified in November 2017.