GreenLane Sustainable Business Network (GLSBN) is a membership organization providing education, resources, networking and marketing for sustainability. We are a nonprofit network of triple-bottom-line businesses, farms, government organizations, nonprofits and social entrepreneurs. We are local business people, professionals, investors, not-for-profit leaders, and government representatives who are committed to building a more socially, environmentally and financially sustainable local economy.
GreenLane’s mission: We exist to help organizations be more sustainable.
Our member services include:
1. Networking & educational meetings and events for the business community providing an opportunity for members to share their knowledge base while promoting their business.
2. Marketing ideas based on promoting your green business efforts through sustainability-driven business opportunities and events.
3. Education about how to adopt sustainability principles and implement sustainability practices into your business or organization.
Our members are committed to building a business network that supports sustainability in our community. Some members volunteer numerous hours of their time and energy developing the organization in order to ensure its success, while others attend networking meetings and events to learn from one another, and share what they are doing/what they know. Other members provide significant monetary support. Every member has his or her own unique reason to be part of GreenLane, but most relate to the following:
1. A commitment to building a more cohesive and sustainable community and a prosperous local economy.
2. The development of public awareness about the importance of supporting local jobs, products, businesses and services—making Lane County a greener place to live, and a green destination for the rest of the world.
3. A commitment to reducing our carbon footprint through a variety of creative and sustainable strategies.
4. A desire to know and do business with others in the community with similar sustainability goals.
We welcome you to GreenLane’s website and invite you to poke around to see what else you might find here. We also invite you to attend one of our networking and/or community events, as featured on the events page.